Tuesday 13 December 2016

The latest addition to the fleet - 08417 in Network Rail yellow:


Fitted with DCC and a Stay-Alive by OliviasTrains, with a sneaky discount on their Black Friday sale. It runs silky smooth, as would be expected. It has opening doors, so I may add a driver hanging out of the door in due course, and it also needs weathering.

Progress on the layout - I've added some keyclamp handrails:




and finished the station platforms with a paving slab pdf downloaded from scalescenes for £1.99, and official Network Rail platform edge copings. Although I think there should be a tactile paving strip just behind them as well:


I've also nicked my low-relief warehouse that I made last year for my garage layout, which will be totally redesigned once I've finished this one. Its made from leftover bits from a Peco TMD kit, and some cantilever angle-iron trusses that I bought second hand from my local model shop for £2, and some corrugated clear plastic sheet. The canopy is a bit wavy, I will have to take that off and do it again:


Also painted half of the car park and started to put the security fence up:


And I've also finished all of the ballasting to the main two scenic boards. There is a little to do on the third board, but thats mostly non-scenic so I havent started work on that one yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment